The Presence of The Empress character in The Land of Mystereum
The Empress plays 3 parts in The Land of Mystereum, 3 very specifically different roles. This came about from the amazing breadth and great deal of work I felt The Empress performs naturally in her role as the one who carries things to full term, the Yoniverse being that from which all emanates. The Magician sparked inception which is formless, whereas The High Priestess form-gave conception giving form to the formless, and then The Empress carries this new life to full term. She is like an archetypal, higher octave Queen of Pentacles. It felt very natural to let the presence of the Empress naturalize herself throughout the 3 Major cards in The Land of Mystereum.
1. The Empress appearance. The Empress of course appears first as herself. As herself The Empress is the crazy-eyed crone formed by a canopy of trees. She shows her age as her age tells stories. The High Priestess character, now in golden glow, is fully pregnant and will act as the Empress’ sacred vessel from which to emanate. The High Priestess here midwife’s herself AS the portal of the Yoniverse, and this is no temporary function.
2. The Emperor appearance. The Empress’ Trees gift out a special tree to the Emperor. He is within his tree. He is protected, hidden in plain sight in disguise much like King Lear checking in on his troops without disturbing them as to his presence. How is this a special tree? Why would he put down his sword and crown behind the tree from his troops? The Emperor rode in on this tree. Note the roots. This tree is the Emperor’s horse which has lied down and transformed into a tree. The Emperor rides in on the horse, and then goes inside the horse. Not like Luke in Star Wars, though. At a single gesture his horse will rise back up and take him where he needs to go.
3. The Hanged Man. We see The Empress here AS The Hanged Man’s Tree with him umbilicaled from a strong branch while activating his crown chakra. This tree carries the knothole-birthmark of sacred depths ringed by the Uroburos as a reminder that transformations have come before, and will come again.
Oh, and Lest We Miss Subtlety
Detail appearances in The Empress
- Notice the sacred lingham or omphallos intact and growing from the base of one of her World Trees.
- Notice the knothole-fish in the other with light barkline hand as fish mouth.
- Notice the Priestess’s “Drawing Down The Moon Hands” nourishinly reaching up through the bark.
Hope you have enjoyed this segment of the “Presence of” series
Hope you have enjoyed this segment of The Land of Mystereum Image Lineage as part of “The Presence Of” series where Major Arcana characters make a variety of appearance both bold and subtle throughout The Land of Mystereum!
Till Next Time.
Visit The Divination Studio for more Tarot goodness.
The Divination Studio. Your source for clarity through Tarot.
All images and text (c)2010, 2011 Jordan Hoggard
(c) 2013 Jordan Hoggard
The Inner State Highways show
with host Jordan Hoggard
Tune In Thursdays at 10 to PEN! 10p EST
3 great Thursday shows at 8, 9, and 10p.